Book: How to be Sick
I've heard alot of good praise for this book. It was written by a woman with CFIDS. I think it was mostly just her journey through her grief of being ill towards loving the new life she had to create.

I am thinking of getting a copy. I saw a little clip she did on her site and I loved what she had to say, cus at one point, I felt just as she did. I have CFIDS also, have been sick for 18 years and at some point, instead of wishing and hoping to get well, I just decided I better be happy with the life I have now and my life has been soooo much better.
(05-09-2012, 12:59 PM)Bunny Wrote: I've heard alot of good praise for this book. It was written by a woman with CFIDS. I think it was mostly just her journey through her grief of being ill towards loving the new life she had to create.

Thanks, Bunny. I did a search on Amazon, and I guess you're referring to the one by Toni Bernhard, yes? Another on the to-read list. . . .
Yep, that's the one! They didn't have it at the library, so considering ordering one.......
So, I bought it, only read a few pages yet! hehe!

I printed out a list of 10 tips from 10 years of being sick and I liked that. Tongue
I finally finished it after reading bits here and there. I found some things annoying, some eye rolling and other parts I liked or loved. So, it had a bit of everything. It's definitely a book for someone who doesn't have any financial, family or practical worries with being ill. It's a bit elitist in that manner. But, I think some people might find bits and pieces to their liking. I marked various spots that I enjoyed. And some bits would have been very helpful to me when I was very sad and blaming myself for being ill.