Love and Fatigue in America
Just started this book. It's an autobiographical novel written by an Englishman who came to America and then got CFS. It's so good! He's funny. And it is so wonderful to read a book and relate to so many thoughts and experiences. Now, I don't relate to his sort of sad and strange dating experiences but I'm loving the book so far. Just loving it. It's so funny. He even named too of his docs the way I described my doc and his old office mate. I'll give you a hint, they are 7 dwarf names.
Ok, totally creeped out by the author now. He has such pathetic relationships with women which I can overlook, but reading that he felt sorry for sex offenders made me completely horrified. Why can't we have a decent, thoughtful, intelligent, honorable person who writes about this illness? So disappointed. I removed another excited review of the book somewhere else. Perhaps since he is an Englishman, he doesn't realize that people who rape, torture and even kill women and children are let out of prison or never even sent to prison in America so that they can rape, torture and kill more women and children. That this happens repeatedly. Maybe he doesn't care since it will never effect him being that he is an adult male. Shame on him for not researching why Megan's Law was created and shame on him for being so callous with such a serious subject. I'm pissed off because it started off so good and had such great discriptions and had humor but I can not recommend this book at all. We are a marginalized group and we can't have someone who sympathises with sex offenders out there representing CFS people. So disappointed.
(05-30-2012, 04:25 PM)Bunny Wrote: Ok, totally creeped out by the author now. He has such pathetic relationships with women which I can overlook, but reading that he felt sorry for sex offenders made me completely horrified. Why can't we have a decent, thoughtful, intelligent, honorable person who writes about this illness? So disappointed.

I'm sorry to hear that, Bunny. Yeah, I've felt that way about a couple of books as well.

What's worse is, since i was so enthusiastic about it, and had liked it so much in the beginning, I wrote on other sites too. What an idiot I am! I did go back and take down any good reviews I had of it, but feel so bad that I wrote about a book without finishing it first. It started out fine, but went down a dark and depraved way. I feel bad for making such a stupid mistake.