On the Island by Tracy Garvis-Graves
I can't even remember how I came across this book. I got the Kindle version, and I expected to read it this weekend, but after I read the first few pages, I ended up staying up all night, still turning page after page till I finally finished at 3 AM. (took 6 hrs)

*sigh*

It's a romance novel. I don't usually read this genre, but this one captivated me.

http://www.amazon.com/Island-Ms-Tracey-G...1466363215

Warning: definitely not for people squeamish about sex scenes
oh how fun, i love when a book captures you like that!
Hey, I'm curious, does anyone know why with some books, they have them listed for over $1000 used? I mean, I could see if it was a signed first addition in mint condition of a really famous novel like the JD Salanger book etc, but curious why books like this have such outrageous prices or why they are listed like that.
Are you talking about the other merchants who sell through Amazon? Some of the high prices I've seen appear to be mistakes, considering that there are plenty of cheaper ones available.
Yes, that is what I was wondering. For so many books, there are outrageous prices, especially with this book on amazon.
(06-16-2012, 05:24 PM)Bunny Wrote: Yes, that is what I was wondering. For so many books, there are outrageous prices, especially with this book on amazon.
In this case, I wonder if it's because Penguin bought her book. She originally was rejected by several publishers, so she self-published. When it became a best-seller, Penguin offered to re-publish it in a new version. Probably someone is trying to hock one of the original publications.

Apparently MGM also has asked her for the rights to make a movie out of it.

Next, they'll probably make a movie about her making a book into a movie. Smile
(06-20-2012, 07:24 PM)Aiona Wrote: Next, they'll probably make a movie about her making a book into a movie. Smile

Or, at least, they will include this in the anniversary DVD.