Movies!
Rainbow 
Hey I think I made it!! Ok, I just got Due Date with Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galfinackis, love him!! I'll let you know if I like it.

Angel
Rotten Tomatoes panned it. I hope our experience is better.

BTW, I think I'll start a thread about TV shows. I rent those too.
Cool, I haven't recieved any "new post" notices, so I wonder if I didn't hit the right button somewhere, or if there is a glitch?
(03-24-2011, 03:16 PM)Bunny Wrote: Cool, I haven't recieved any "new post" notices, so I wonder if I didn't hit the right button somewhere, or if there is a glitch?

Do you have a junk mail folder? If so, please check to see if the forum messages are being sent there?

So, now that the emails have been found. I did enjoy Due Date, it was good in some parts, not so good in other parts, not a great movie by any means, but ok to rent and watch.

I also watched Amercian Experience, Coney Island and that was great! It's a PBS doc that I netflixed. Really enjoyed it, didn't know it's history, but heard about it from my parents. They also had Al Lewis in it, I believe he was "Grandpa" from the Munsters and he was just fantastic! He worked there when he was young as a barker and I just love his accent. My people are from Jersey, so it's a homey thing for me.
(03-25-2011, 09:35 AM)Bunny Wrote: So, now that the emails have been found. I did enjoy Due Date, it was good in some parts, not so good in other parts, not a great movie by any means, but ok to rent and watch.

I think the "okay to watch" rating fits one I just saw called Center Stage. A typical go-for-it dance movie where young hopefuls in the dance academy try to impress teachers so they will be invited into the American Ballet Company. It was an ensemble cast, with a couple of the actor/dancers having enough attitude to keep it going. Not much interesting dancing until the end, though. But okay to watch.

I also saw The Tourist, which I don't recommend. Angelina Jolie is a woman of intrigue; Johnny Depp a math professor. I kept waiting for something to happen. But no chemistry, no nothing. The intrigue was not intriguing. I could go on and on about how bad it was, but won't. I turned it off about 30 minutes into the movie.

Quote:I also watched American Experience, Coney Island...

I just put this in my queue, along with Eleanor Roosevelt and a few more. I think I've seen some of these before.
I just finished watching Hereafter with Matt Damon. I'm not sure what to say about this movie. I liked it but I'm not sure why. It was very slow moving, and most of the time no drama. But I wanted to keep watching the people in it because I liked them and they interested me. And when it was over I was glad I watched it. So I recommend this one, but I suggest not watching it when you are very tired.

BTW, I added a spoiler feature here in case one of us wants to add a comment about the movie but we are afraid it will give too much away. I'll add one below so you can see. You just put spoiler codes around the text you want to hide, using the editor toolbar button that looks like a magnifying glass with a caution sign.

Spoiler :
Hi Bunny Cool

Ohhhhh!! Thanks for that! I really wanted to see that movie, but I don't go to the movies much anymore and it's so easy to miss new movies on Netflix, that is one thing I really miss about going to the video store, you don't miss any movies, cus you can browse the new release area and get suggestions from the people working in the store. I'm going to go put it on my list, so excited!! yeah!! That is cool that spoiler alert thingy, I didn't read it yet, as I love not knowing much about a movie going in!! so excited!
I just realized I need to change my recommendation. I've thought about Hereafter more, and I realized I was just in the mood for that kind of movie last night. In retrospect, it is a pretty slow movie with very little substance. And what it held for me is probably more personal than anything.

Also, I just remembered that I watched Unstoppable. This an action/thriller with Denzel Washington directed by Tony Scott. After 10 minutes I pretty much knew what would happen in the rest of the movie. But Scott and Washington are very talented guys. So it didn't disappoint me, but it also didn't impress me.

Oh, one more thing. There is nothing special inside the spoiler I posted before. Just a message that has nothing to do with the movie. I only put it there so you could test the feature and see if you like it.
I checked the spoiler, gave me a chuckle!

Watched, The Good Year (i think that is what it was called). Wouldn't recommend it. Funny, I thought when I saw the trailer that it looked like an immature movie about an immature guy and I was right! I only saw it cus a guy friend who is cool, suggested it. It was shot is such a beautiful area, French wine country but the director shot the movie like it was a music video, so not what that countriside called for. And the main character was so shallow and falls in love with a much younger woman, who for some reason is supposed to be his age as you find out they knew eachother when they were kids, I guess she stopped aging for about 20 years, while Russle Crowe became a fat middle aged guy! hehe! But, not completely bad, I can see why some might like it. Just not my thing. There were some good parts and actors and such.