Hello! I'm a new kid!
Hi there Big Grin

The lovely Bunny invited me here so I thought I'd check it out Smile

My name is Amy and I live in the UK with my little dog, Milo. I'm unable to work and so fill my time with knitting, paper crafting, movies, music, reading, baking etc and resting of course...but that bit's kinda boring Tongue

I look forward to meeting you all Wink

~X~
Hi Amy! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts. Your activities sound much more varied than mine.
Hey new kid!!!

Nice to see you here. Hope you enjoy it.

We are a pretty quiet little community.

xoxoxoox, bunny

and you are never boring!!
Thanks for the welcome! I need to have a bit of a mooch around here so I know what's what...looks good Smile

*hugs* Buns...glad you think I'm not boring, even though I often am! xxx
Aw, you are never boring. You always seem kind and alot of fun.
(07-25-2012, 10:40 PM)M_A_A_B Wrote: Thanks for the welcome! I need to have a bit of a mooch around here so I know what's what...looks good Smile

This forum ebbs and flows. So sometimes there will be several new posts, other times zero. You might want to read about subscriptions as a way to make thing easier. http://fallberry.com/forum/thread-97.html
I love baking too! I hope you are able to share recipes!

I made some homemade biscotti a while back. Lemme dig up that recipe. May post a picture or two too!

(07-24-2012, 09:53 PM)M_A_A_B Wrote: Hi there Big Grin

The lovely Bunny invited me here so I thought I'd check it out Smile

My name is Amy and I live in the UK with my little dog, Milo. I'm unable to work and so fill my time with knitting, paper crafting, movies, music, reading, baking etc and resting of course...but that bit's kinda boring Tongue

I look forward to meeting you all Wink

~X~

(07-27-2012, 08:03 PM)Aiona Wrote: I love baking too! I hope you are able to share recipes!

I made some homemade biscotti a while back. Lemme dig up that recipe. May post a picture or two too!

Oh biscotti sound delicious!

The last thing I baked was a treacle chocolate chip cake for my boyfriend's birthday...it's his mum's recipe so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it or not but it was so yummy (not that I got much of it!)...I'll find out if I'm allowed to share and post if I can! Shy
(08-10-2012, 06:08 PM)M_A_A_B Wrote: Oh biscotti sound delicious!

It's been *MONTHS* since I said I was gonna post that recipe, huh? Smile

Well, here's a picture:

[Image: l.jpg]

Almond Biscotti Recipe

1 cup chopped almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used a combo of graham and white flour)
3/4 cup granulated white sugar (I used a combo of brown and white sugar)
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 F. (Toast almonds for 8-10 minutes. I skipped this step.)

Reduce oven to 300 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I used foil.)

In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and extracts together. Set aside.

In a bowl of electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Beat until blended (30 seconds). Gradually add egg mixture and beat until dough forms, adding almonds halfway through. With floured hands, divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half of dough into a log about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Transfer logs to the baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm to touch. (Logs will expand during baking.) Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.

Transfer logs to a cutting board, and using a serrated knife, cut log into 1/2 inch slices, thick on the diagonal. Put back on the baking sheet to bake about 10 minutes. Turn slices over, and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in airtight container.

Voila! Biscotti!

It was a lot of work, to be honest. But they really were tasty. I used more almond extract than the recipe required, cuz... I like almond flavor.

wow! that's fancy!