Interview with Janis Joplin
I found this interview interesting. Janis Joplin strikes me here as someone who is pretty clear on what she's doing, and not willing slip into the boxes Dick Cavett suggests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmgSzbdL1So

I've been watching a few of the old Dick Cavett shows on youtube. He's even funnier than I remember him. But I did notice something about him. He's not the best interviewer in the world. He makes it too much about himself being clever, and not enough about the guest.
I really liked that interview. I've always loved her music and I think I have mostly just read interviews with her rather than watched any. She's shy, sweet, quick and easily explains her point. Love it.
Actually, she seemed a little shyer than usual. Maybe she's a little out of her element being a talk show guest. But here's another clip, and she was pretty charming in this one. Also, very clear in her answers.

Many years ago, my girlfriend at the time worked for the booking agency in Hollywood who handled most of the major rock acts. Janis Joplin was one of them. My girlfriend fancied herself an alpha female because the other women in the office knew not to mess with. She told me that Janis had such a strong presence, my girlfriend would not even think to start something with her. Not that Janis was nasty. Just that she gave off a powerful vibe.
(10-24-2012, 04:18 AM)Andrew Wrote: She told me that Janis had such a strong presence, my girlfriend would not even think to start something with hr. Not that Janis was nasty. Just that she gave off a powerful vibe.

Some people are like that. They give off a vibe. I have an aunt in Thailand who was 4 feet 8" but when she was in your presence, she seemed so much bigger. She had a way of speaking and acting that made you not want to invade her personal space.
Those are just awesome videos, Andrew. Thank you for posting them, and like you, Bunny, I had not seen any live interviews of her before now. Crikey, she really does remind me of my aunt!
Janice Joplin's car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RegYNHxjT2Q&