Movies you own
I thought I'd start a thread about movies we own.

When I buy movies I don't necessarily by the movies that most impressed me. I buy movies I think I can watch again and again. Usually I've already seen them twice. Often they were also on sale at the store for a very low price. And, of course, I have to like them too.

So here is the first one I'll mention. It's Full Moon in Blue Water. I must admit this movie has some serious flaws in it. Some moments were so unbelievable that they should have ruined the emotional continuity of the movie for me. But the performances were so strong and the characters so great, I found myself forgiving the filmmaker. And by the end I felt like I had watched a very charming movie.

Be warned, all the negative remarks from the critics are correct. But I think the Gene Hackman and Teri Garr created one of the more memorable screen couples. And I have no plans to rid my collection of this movie.

cool, sounds like it could be really cute! I put it on my netflix list but it isn't on DVd yet i think. I own so many movies, might be about 85 or so, I should count em.

I love so many movies. Have you seen, Lars and the Real Girl? I love that movie. Now, you have to take it with a grain of salt and just go with the premise, it isn't a straight realistic movie, but the emotions and the humanity of it are very real and it's so sweet. I love that movie, but it isn't for everyone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805564/
(04-17-2011, 03:35 PM)Bunny Wrote: cool, sounds like it could be really cute! I put it on my netflix list but it isn't on DVd yet i think.

It looks like Netflix just didn't buy it yet. I see it at Amazon for $5.76. I'm tempted to get it to replace my VHS copy, but sometimes the DVD version isn't the same. For example, I have Patton on VHS, and I read that the DVD copy is missing the ending. I hope they didn't wreck Full Moon in Blue Water.

Quote:I love so many movies. Have you seen, Lars and the Real Girl? I love that movie. Now, you have to take it with a grain of salt and just go with the premise, it isn't a straight realistic movie, but the emotions and the humanity of it are very real and it's so sweet. I love that movie, but it isn't for everyone.

It looks like I rented it three years ago, but I can't remember a thing about it.
(04-17-2011, 07:03 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: It looks like I rented it three years ago, but I can't remember a thing about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805564/

It's so cute, funny, heartwarming and darkly funny!
I think i was notified for a reply you put regarding the top 10 movies but it's not here...?
(05-15-2011, 05:53 PM)Bunny Wrote: I think i was notified for a reply you put regarding the top 10 movies but it's not here...?

Someone copied and pasted the truncated text that Google uses to describe links in its search results. It was technically on topic, but made no coherent sense as a comment. I looked into this and was told that this is a form of spambot that takes advantage of the fact that I allow URLs in sig lines and in the user profile.

The forum notified you that these posts were made, but I deleted them before you got here.
I just watched one of my owned movies, The Family Stone, it's so sweet and fun! Love that movie! And also another favorite that i own in Awakenings. Oh, one of my favorite favorite movies. I can so relate to that one, I can guess you know why!
Oh, Andrew, I just thought of a great movie I own that perhaps you haven't seen......

Music Box........oh so good! 1989, Jessica Lange plays a lawyer who defends her father in a case regarding war crimes. I will say no more. so good.

I saw Music Box years ago, and I remember liking it. But I've forgotten all the details. So I just put it in my queue to watch again. Did you see Jessica Lange in Sweet Dreams (1985)?
Oh, yeah. Loved that. I loved her when she would act out and try to make her cheating husband jealous. It's funny, I am imagining Sissy Spacek in it as Lorretta Lynn, but that was Coal Miner's Daughter, I don't remember who played Loretta Lynn in Sweet Dreams or was it the other way around, can't remember who sort of mentored who. Both great movies though. Or am I thinking of a third movie? hehe! doesn't matter.