The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
This movie is based on stories written by J.R. Tolkien. Other movies from these stories were made, notably the Lord of the Rings series. But I guess most people know this.

I'm not a Tolkien fan, and this story holds no special meaning for me. But I have to say, this is the highest-quality fantasy/adventure movie I've seen to date. Just looking at the art direction and costumes, this is the first time I've seen someone achieve what I hope to see from a movie about quests, wizards, and dragons. Add to this the New Zealand landscapes, excellent writing and actors who could deliver it. One thing, though. Even though I'm not in the PC camp, it is disappointing to see only one heroic female amidst many heroic males. This is actually something that was disappointing me in movies long before PC politics existed. But that aside, if you like quest/wizard/dragon adventure movies than I recommend it.
Hey nice of you to notice that women only get 10% of acting roles. Pretty sad isn't it, given we are probably one of the most pro women countries out there.

Things are better than when I was a kid though. I remember being sickened by women's roles on tv and in film even as a little girl.
When Sigourney Weaver appeared in the Alien movies, it shredded any doubt that audiences will love a heroic female. So there is really no excuse anymore.