Buffalo Springfield Reunites
I never expected to see this. Buffalo Springfield is performing in 2011. The group contains the key singers and songwriters from the old group (Stephen Stills, Richie Furay, and Neil Young), plus a new bassist and drummer.

This was one of my favorite groups in the Sixties. What's interesting is I've been listening to their records more critically, and I have a glimpse of one thing that might have contributed to their lack of success (other than the luck of the draw). Their albums were not well-produced. They have sort of a thrown-together feel.

It's funny, I would have never pegged you as a 60's guy, but then again, what do I know, I wasn't even an embreyo until the very end of that era!

Good thing they are getting together now........you know.....before they are all dead. Angel
I did the whole Sixties thing. Although it was not long before I was also satirizing it.

Interesting how things change. Back then I knew of the most obscure recording artists. Now I listen to online radio and they play, for example, a string of talented singer-songwriters I never heard of. So I read their bios and find out they've been around awhile, and even charted. Most of them born in the Seventies.

It's official. I'm an old fart. Confused
hehe!!
Yes, I love hearing 80's music now just like an old fart who prefers music from their time as a youngin! If i had that radio thing you pay for, I would listen to that old fun 80's stuff all the time, I even love hearing songs that weren't my favs from back then, funny isn't it? I also love the early 90's grunge stuff. I like older stuff too though, probaly the more mellow pretty stuff from the 70, 60 and 50's. I really love Big band and blues from earier too. And I love old bluegrass and swampy music, lots of stuff, but I'm not so into it that I really know much about it all. music is fun!
If you are curious, you can use it for free. It's called Pandora. It's based around the Music Genome Project.
(07-19-2011, 12:38 PM)Bunny Wrote: Yes, I love hearing 80's music

Bunny, I just remembered something else. Some cable TV has music channels. I just checked mine (Times Warner) and found an Eighties music channel. It's 922 where I am. It's not videos. Just music, along with still photos of the artist being played, and some extra info. I'm sampling
Yeah, I wish they had an 80's radio station I could listen to in the car. I don't have cable myself but love hearing my old highschool music, even songs that I didn't much like back then are great now, not all of em of course, i still have some taste!
(10-24-2011, 11:10 AM)Bunny Wrote: I don't have cable myself but love hearing my old highschool music, even songs that I didn't much like back then are great now, not all of em of course, i still have some taste!

You are actually at an advantage because of your age. When I was in high school the rock/pop genre had not developed very far. Some of the most popular songs were tributes to automobiles. Or the usual fluff love songs. The whole Sixties thing didn't really pick up speed until after 1965, and I was out of high school.

Not that I don't like some of the earlier pop/rock music. I do. But the pickings were slim.
(07-08-2011, 07:34 AM)Andrew Wrote: I never expected to see this. Buffalo Springfield is performing in 2011. The group contains the key singers and songwriters from the old group (Stephen Stills, Richie Furay, and Neil Young), plus a new bassist and drummer.

This was one of my favorite groups in the Sixties. What's interesting is I've been listening to their records more critically, and I have a glimpse of one thing that might have contributed to their lack of success (other than the luck of the draw). Their albums were not well-produced. They have sort of a thrown-together feel.

I think you are right about the "thrown together" feel. They were not an especially "tight" group (like The Band), and I think the quality of songwriting was uneven. I was right square in the middle of the 60s scene (I'm an old recycled hippy) and some of their songs certainly spoke to and spoke for that era. I like Crosby, Stills & Nash even better for the songwriting and harmonies. One of CS&N's amusing qualities is that they were never in tune--check out their performance in the movie Woodstock.