Hanna (2011)
The opening of Hanna (2011) shows a teenage girl, skillfully hunting reindeer in a wilderness of Finland. She is there, being mentored by her father into all the skills of a secret agent, as we see with one of their mock combat scenes. Later, she expresses her desire to leave the remote place and join the real world. Her father offers her the signaling device that will call a rescue plane. But he adds, that once this is done, someone will hunt her and kill her, unless she kills the hunter first. And with a unique opening like this, I expected a special kind of spy thriller. But the movie soon became bogged down by trying to be far-out and impressionistic.

I think the only thing that kept me going was the presence of Cate Blanchett as the clever advisory. She always brings an amazing presence who whoever she plays. And the other actors were good too. But the writing and directing were not doing it for me.
I haven't seen it, but yes, Cate Blanchett is probably one of the best actors alive, she is just amazing to watch!
(09-11-2011, 10:44 AM)Bunny Wrote: I haven't seen it, but yes, Cate Blanchett is probably one of the best actors alive, she is just amazing to watch!

Did you happen to see the movie called "Notes on a Scandal," with Cate Blanchett and Judi Dench as costars? It is one of the better movies I've seen.
Oh, yeah, I saw that. Really good sad movie. Judi Dench is amazing too. Have you seen The Gift with Kate Blanchett and Giovanni Ribisi? That is something to see. Giovanni is one of my favorites too. Oh, also, just saw in my closet, Stranger Than Fiction? I love that movie! Quirky cute with Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Gylenhaal, Emma Thompson and Will Ferral. I think you might like that one, just think you might. It's very smartly funny and has a sweet romance to it that i think you might enjoy.
By the way, note my bunny avatar?
(09-11-2011, 06:15 PM)Bunny Wrote: The Gift with Kate Blanchett and Giovanni Ribisi?

Yes, saw it. I liked it. Interesting to see Keanu Reeves do a portrayal that had some personality. I wonder what was different this time.

Quote:Stranger Than Fiction? I love that movie!
Yes, that was a terrific movie. I had forgotten about it. I think I'll watch it again.

(09-11-2011, 06:15 PM)Bunny Wrote: By the way, note my bunny avatar?

Yes, we were talking about it in the avatar thread. Is it that I didn't comment on the fact that it's a bunny, the same as your name?